Do I Need More Intensive Therapy Than SLSSM Can Offer?
When drug use is really out of control, it has moved from the realm of coaching or therapy into medical issues. For example, a person who uses high levels of alcohol or benzodiazepines and goes cold turkey (stops using altogether) puts himself at serious risk for seizures or death. If you answer yes to three or more of the following questions, you should check with your doctor to find out if you need to go to a drug detox or detox/rehab facility before embarking on work with Self-Led SolutionsSM.
- My tolerance to drugs/alcohol has greatly increased lately – I have to take in a lot more to get the same effect.
- I am drinking/doing drugs to fend off withdrawal symptoms.
- I do more drinking/taking drugs than I intend to, and I do it for longer than I intend to.
- I often try to cut back or stop altogether, but find that I can’t.
- I’m spending more and more of my time getting the substance, using the substance, or getting the money so I can do more of my substance.
- I’m taking time away from the rest of my life (social, work, recreation) in order to drink or do drugs.
- I continue doing drugs or drinking even though I know it is creating serious problems in my life.
Now You Have Done the Assessments
At this point, you should have a fuller understanding of your substance use, and perhaps you know which of the five pathways you want to pursue. If it’s still not clear, you can read more about the different options at this site, or use the Contact Form to arrange a consultation with me. If you know what you want to do next, follow one of the pathways below to find out more about your next step.
- I have no wish for action now.
- I want to start the SLS Toolkit.
- I want to read more about Positive Change Coaching or Holistic Psychotherapy.
- I want to find where to get inpatient treatment.